(and there's no end to Ws and Ts).
If you want something to happen, you have to work on the positives - the Strengths - this is the philosophy of Appreciative Inquiry (AI). And it works!
Jackie Stavros, PhD created another approach, the AI approach:
Strengths, Opportunities, Aspirations and Results
- Strengths: what do we do well and love doing well?
- Opportunities: where can we take this with our Strengths?
- Aspirations: what is our preferred future, where do we want to be?
- Results: how will we know when we get there? What will have changed?
Notice the link to Mega Planning
- our preferred future in not far from our Vision of the Future.
In the end, we go where we want to go - and enjoy the route!
PS: Oh, and if you're still worried about the Ws and Ts - you'll be amazed at how they get taken care of. They don't take as much energy as you thought.
PPS: Just one more thing - following on the trail of David Cooperrider (co-originator of AI) she's coming to Australia in July - Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. Be there! Details soon.