|Isn’t it costly to bring team and manager together to resolve the issues that come up in a 360 feedback program? Well yes, you may be talking with twelve people rather than one but, if you are able to involve them all then you get:
- the opportunity to appreciate the team and members’ specific efforts and so build morale and confidence
- an understanding of the whole issue, not just the management perspective
- a contribution of ideas from everyone, not just the manager
- buy-in from everyone involved
- commitment to the solution.
If you use team facilitation then you can look not just at the cost per manager but at the cost per person – much less!
Because the team session is learning on the job, it isn't time out of work, and it is not really a cost at all, other than for the facilitation. It is a necessary meeting to improve the job. It's more realistic to consider how low the time requirements and costs really are - compared with 360 appraisals.
Labels: 360 feedback, Cost Effective, facilitation, Teams